A pressure washer is a very convenient equipment to have. It helps you clean places in your home, like your garage and the exterior of your house. They are very easy to use and they are a big help in getting things done. So, how can you maintain and care for your pressure washers? Here are a few tips! If you need further info, you may want to visit http://www.thebestpressurewasherreviews.net.
The occurrence of cavitation can cause the breakdown of your pressure washer. When cavitation occurs in your pressure washer, it means that there are air cavities being formed in the liquid that you are pumping. To avoid this, make sure that there is always more than enough water that is being supplied to the pressure washer’s pump.
What to Do Before Using Your Pressure Washer
Before you use your pressure washer, there are a number of items that you have to check. Among the things that you have to check are:
- Inlet screen. You can find the inlet screen located at the place where you connect the garden hose. If the screen is clogged or dirty, then you should flush it with clean water. Replace the screen if it is damaged.
- Spray gun, spray tip, and wand extension. Make sure that these three are all securely connected. For the spray gun, don’t forget to test its trigger and trigger lock. If they are not functioning properly, then you should replace the spray gun.
- Oil and fuel levels. This is for pressure washer models that are gasoline-powered. Make sure to top the oil and fuel levels off, but be careful lest you should overfill.
What to Do After Using Your Pressure Washer
After you have finished using your pressure washer, you still have to do a few things before you put it away. Never forget to do these after using your washer because these will help in prolonging its life.
- Rinse detergent and its residue from the pressure washer.
- Ease off the pressure in the washer by turning off the machine and the water supply. If it is an electric model, unplug the machine. Activate the spray gun until there is no more water flowing then activate the trigger lock.
- Don’t forget to let the machine cool down.
Always store your pressure washer in a dry place where it is protected from extreme weather and temperatures. Also, keep it away from heat sources because they could trigger fire with the fuel vapors. Also, make sure that it does not keep in moisture.